A derivative to the Selective pallet racking, the Double Deep system requires the use of a specialist reach truck or an attachment fitted to the reach truck. Whilst achieving increases in capacity of up to 30% above the former, only 50% of the pallets are immediately accessible.
This system however, provides an excellent method of increasing warehouse capacity or when alternative systems are not possible.
Double-Deep storage instantly gives you up to 30 % more pallet locations compared to conventional pallet racking. E&E has the know-how and technology to help you optimization your double deep operations.
We recommend the use of pallet rails or pallet support bars above 4 metres, to increase Material Handling (MH) productivity and the safety of the operation. We suggest the use of column protestors when using material handling (MH) equipment that requires the straddle leg to go below bottom beam or between pallets and uprights.
- Achieving increases in capacity of up to 30% more than Selective pallet racking
- Lower cost alternative against Drive-In Racking, while increasing capacity by up to 30%
- Redundancy rates can run between 10-20% dependent on the quality of the straddle leg to go below bottom beam or between pallets and uprights
- Increase quantity and handling of pallet
- Lower initial capital investment
- Reduce stock damage, clear visibility, no extra obstructions
- Average floor area utilization, less aisle way if compare to selective system
- Suitable for logistics warehouse and higher cold storage